He developed a 93 movement traditional Sun style form which he practiced every day. Unfortunately this form was not standardized and quickly diverged among Sun's top-level students. Therefore a standardized form of 73 movements was created, backed by great amounts of research and development including input from Sun Jian-Yun and many other Sun style masters. The resulting standardized Sun form is considered a fair and accurate representation of Sun Lu-Tang's true art and flavor.
Created in six sections.
1. Commencement Form 2. Leisurely Tying Coat 3. Opening Hands 4. Closing Hands 5. Single Whip 6. Lifting Hands 7. White Crane Flashing Wings 8. Opening Hands 9. Closing Hands 10. Brush Knee and Twist Step Left 11. Playing the Lute 12. Step Forward to Deflect Downwards, Parry and Punch 13. Apparent Closing Up 14. Carrying the Tiger and Pushing the Mountain 15. Opening Hands 16. Closing Hands 17. Brush Knee and Twist Step Right 18. Leisurely Tying Coat 19. Opening Hands 20. Closing Hands 21. Single Whip Left 22. Punch Underneath Elbow
23. Repulse Monkey Left 24. Repulse Monkey Right 25. Brush Knee and Twist Step Left 26. Leisurely Tying Coat Left 27. Opening Hands 28. Closing Hands 29. Single Whip Right 30. Waving Hands Like Clouds Right 31. Higher Horse 32. Toe Kick Left 33. Toe Kick Right
34. Step on Firmly to Punch Downwards 35. Turn Body and Jump Up with Both Feet 36. Subdue the Tiger 37. Toe Kick Left 38. Turning Body and Kicking With Heel 39. Step Forward to Deflect Downwards, Parry and Punch 40. Apparent Closing Up 41. Carrying the Tiger and Pushing the Mountain
42. Opening Hands 43. Closing Hands 44. Brush Knee and Twist Step Left 45. Leisurely Tying Coat 46. Opening Hands 47. Closing Hands 48. Diagonal Single Whip 49. Parting Wild Horse’s Mane 50. Leisurely Tying Coat 51. Opening Hands 52. Closing Hands 53. Single Whip Left
54. Waving Hands like Clouds Left 55. Lowering Movement 56. Golden Cock Standing on One Leg 57. Fan Back 58. Fair Lady Working At the Shuttles
59. Higher Horse 60. Cross Hands and Patting Foot 61. Forward Step to Punch Crouch 62. Lively Step and Leisurely Tying Coat 63. Opening Hands 64. Closing Hands 65. Single Whip Left 66. Single Whip and Lowering Movement 67. Forward Step Seven Stars 68. Backward Step Riding Tiger 69. Turn body, Lotus Kick 70. Drawing Bow to Shoot Tiger 71. Double Forward Punch 72. Yin and Yang Merging into One 73. Closing Form